KK in the Kitchen
This month, we are featuring the famous lemon pasta at Hotel Santa Caterina! The iconic pasta dish, Tagliolini in Sfusato Lemon Cream Sauce, is the perfect summer pasta. The lemon is Amalfi Coast’s lemon, also known as “Sfusato Amalfitano”, and the Sorrento-Amalfi peninsula is where the first lemon trees spread in Italy. Originally used to fight scurvy, the lemon is now perfect for cocktails and dishes.
- 360g Taglioni
- 2 untreated Amalfi Sfusata lemons
- 40g shallots, finely chopped
- 100g buffalo mascarpone
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 20g fresh coriander leaves
- A grind of freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 50g butter (ideally from Italian Alps)
- Maldon Salt in crystals to taste
- 20g Pecorino Romano cheese
- Freshly cook the pasta in a large pan of water salted like the sea.
- In a large frying pan, gently brown the fresh shallots with a knob of butter.
- Juice both the lemons and add all the juice to the shallots, along with the vegetable broth and a drop of extra virgin olive oil.
- Let simmer for 3-4 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Add the pasta (cooked al dente), buffalo mascarpone and grated Pecorino Romano cheese, stirring to create a creamy sauce.
- Season with salt and garnish with the zest, finally chopped coriander leaves, and a grind of black pepper.