Destination Report: Villa La Massa
Villa La Massa
- Nestled on the banks of the Arno River, just outside of Florence’s city center
- A tranquil Tuscan retreat in a beautiful countryside setting
- Best For:
- Couples looking for a romantic, private and leisurely experience just outside of the hustle and bustle of the city
- This 16th century Medici villa retains it’s rich, Florentine style with ornate detailing and character. The views of the Arno River from each of these 37 rooms are breathtaking.
- Food & Drink:
- The traditional Tuscan cuisine at the restaurant on property is superb. Aside from the incredibly high quality of food, guests can enjoy over 400 labels of wine as well as a private dinner in the Villa’s wine cellar.
- A treatment at the spa is like a trip through time aided by ultimate relaxation. The treatment rooms are warm and romantic, with vaulted ceilings, exposed stonewalls and candles on every surface.
- The property has culinary programs that vary depending on the time of year, yoga classes and the private shuttle service that runs almost hourly from the hotel to the Ponte Vecchio, making trips to the heart of Florence incredibly convenient and from there the possibilities of activities are endless.
- KKTWW Loves:
The lush gardens and riverside setting of this private Florentine getaway
Wine and cheese tastings in the Cellar
Complimentary shuttle to and from Florence’s city center
- Compliments of KKTWW:
Guaranteed one-category room upgrade at time of booking (up to suite category)
Daily Buffet breakfast, for up to two in-room guests or continental in-room
A 30-minute SPA treatment at “Arno Spa” for one person, once per stay
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability Lunch or dinner for up to two in-room guests at restaurant Verrocchio (depending on the duration of the stay)
- KKTWW Tips:
- Arrange for a couples massage in their intimate Arno spa for a truly romantic experience.