Destination Report: Villa d’Este
- Piazza Trento, Lake Como, Italy (Northern Region- Lombardy region)
- Formal, luxury, traditional Italian
- Best For:
- Couples, Adults
All accommodations are individually decorated displaying traditional Italian style with rich colors (red, purple and gold), antiques, beautiful drapes and bed linens.
Accommodations are divided between two palaces. The Cardinal Building is the main building housing accommodations (rooms and suites) and the public areas. The Queens Pavilion only houses accommodations and is a bit quieter.
- Food & Drink:
Veranda is the formal dining option within the Cardinal building (coat and tie are required for men in the evening).
The Grill, located closer to The Queens Pavilion, across the garden, is less formal but the ambiance is cozy and chic.
There is a terrace for al fresco dining as well. Terrace Bar, offers light snacks and drinks lakeside.
Bar Canova is the formal bar within the Cardinal Building, offering light snacks and drinks with live piano in the evenings.
- The Sporting Club has indoor pool, squash, steam and sauna. A floating outdoor pool is situated between the Cardinal Building and The Queens Pavilion, over Lake Como. Villa d’Este has a Beauty Center that offers a variety of facial and body treatments.
- Tennis, waterskiing, sailing, beautiful gardens to walk through
- KKTWW Loves:
- Gardens and views of Lake Como.
- Level of service is unparalleled. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure an extraordinary experience, the moment you arrive on property.
- Real linen sheets.
- Compliments of KKTWW:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily Buffet breakfast, for up to two in-room guests
- Complimentary mini bar, replenished once a day
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary lunch or dinner, depending on the duration of the stay
- KKTWW Tips:
- Even the garden view rooms have a glimpse of beautiful Lake Como.